Midweight Designer (Maternity)
We’re looking for a midweight designer on a 12 month fixed-term contract who is ready for a new challenge and looking to join a fantastic and energetic team
Accountable for the highest creative standards and responsible for the hands-on production of inspiring design work across a wide range of projects.
Varied and flexible in your creative approach and an adaptable member of the team you will constantly explore ideas, striving to seek the best possible outcome remembering that best solutions are not always visual. You look to create multiples solutions to a brief; you are articulate and have strong communication skills, and are comfortable debating your process within the team.
You are thorough, methodical and assured — working from brief to production. As an experienced member of the studio, you will work closely with senior members of the creative and strategy teams and will be trusted to work independently or as part of a group, leading individual projects, specific project deliverables or as design support on larger projects.
- Craft work of the highest standard paying excellent attention to detail while being sure to maintain agreed timescale and schedules
- Think holistically about a problem and maintain engagement throughout, being careful to think about the bigger picture as well as the finer design details
- Take ownership of your work and ensure that you take the initiative, looking to spot issues before they manifest
- Contribute to a project at all stages, from initial research through to the final delivery ensuring that your team is creating innovative and original work that excites you and the studio
- Mentor the creative team and take and active role in the development of the junior members of the studio. Give your time and knowledge to ensure they are working effectively and confidently to help you best deliver
- Keep the client in mind and make sure that you are always considering their needs and requirements as well as those of their customers when producing work
- Develop coherent presentations for both internal and external requirements from pitch to project deliverable which are logical and confident
- Ensure seamless communication within the studio to align expectations, liaising with the Creative, Design, Strategy and Account Directors as appropriate on all matters whether creative, resourcing or staff needs
- With industry experience of at least 3 years, your portfolio is varied in range and scope, but consistent in exciting and effective output
- Focused and broad-minded, you are able to concentrate on detail at the same time as thinking big picture and most importantly, you understand when to prioritise
- A fast learner and even faster designer, you are excited to learn new things and able to analyse a creative problem and propose a variety of interesting solutions at speed
- A coherent thinker, you are able to build clear presentations with strong narratives that make sense of strategy and creative solutions
- A great communicator, you can debate, promote and defend design decisions within the studio with enthusiasm and conviction, as well as with our clients when supported by senior members of the team
- Positive and comfortable both giving and receiving feedback, you are confident, able to assess how to respond and adaptable to change. At the same time you can guide the junior team with precision and kindness.
- Realistic and flexible, you are able to manage your time with efficiently keeping the wider implications of studio deadlines and the commercial needs of the studio in mind
- Skilled in a broad toolkit: Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, After Effects) and Figma
What we offer
- Salary £35–40,000pa based on experience
- Opportunities to work on a diverse range of client projects
- Team lunches on a Monday
- Become part of a 100% employee-owned company
- A warm and passionate team
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare with access to physical and mental health rewards and benefits
- Cycle purchase scheme
How to apply
Please send a link to your showreel or a pdf portfolio of your work (<10MB) and CV to email@example.com — unfortunately, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted applicants.
No recruitment agencies, thanks.
Please note that the role is currently London-based in our studio (at least) 3 days per week.