We’re looking for a Client Manager to understand and champion client needs and develop client relationships in our New York studio
The Client Manager is the key client contact and is the driving force behind multiple client accounts, ensuring that they are profitable, enjoyable and growing. You are responsible for the delivery of quality strategic and creative work that meets the client’s needs and those of their customers and addresses their business problems, and must champion that work. You will also regularly be involved with pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
You will effectively manage the project teams and lead and inspire others both inside and outside the agency with energy and confidence. You will be actively mentoring, nurturing and motivating the Client Service team and support the Client Services Director in growing that team. You will have a keen eye on adding rigour and process into your projects to ensure they run efficiently, are profitable and are enjoyable for the client and internal project team alike. Your bigger-picture thinking means you understand the commercial landscape and can deliver work with real value whilst remaining two steps ahead of the client and their needs.
A natural communicator and confident presenter, you are able to win over clients and form lasting and positive relationships. You will need to form close internal partnerships with the Creative, Strategy, Digital, Client Service and Finance teams. You are a champion of the studio and central in the creation and maintenance of its culture.
- Uncover and champion client's needs, ambitions and objectives
- Understand the client’s expectations for the project and translating that into a
- Create proposals with detailed scope of works and associated budget
- Ensure adequate strategic and design support is resourced
- Oversee project timelines and agree and communicate key milestones with
- Ensure all deadlines are met in accordance with approved budget
- Coordinate, drive agendas and attend progress meetings
- Present new design work alongside the Strategy Director and Creative Director
- Capture client feedback, ensure amends are made and obtain approvals
- Liaison with a wide range of project stakeholders
- Prepare presentations, agendas and contact reports
- Oversee large marketing budgets and track and report on profitability
- Oversee all print and other production processes in collaboration with the Project Manager
- Clearly communicate client's objectives with colleagues and drive development of timely solution
- Provide strategic analysis to help shape client's business
- Proactive and passionate about client care
- Confident and clear written and verbal communicator
- Super organised and able to react quickly to changing situations
- Passionate about strategy and creating meaningful solutions for client needs
- Enthusiastic, energetic, approachable
- Enjoys leading a team, able to relate to anyone
- Ability to understand and get excited about design
- Ability to understand and communicate the process
- Exceptional eye for detail: words, visuals, numbers
- Commercially–minded and a naturally strategic thinker
- Diplomatic negotiator
What success looks like
- Happy clients: high scores on client service/budget in client satisfaction surveys.
- Well serviced clients who know where they are and what’s coming next
- Developing accounts beyond the original brief
- Profitable jobs: projects are run to time and budget. You oversee the AMs and PMs on projects and have ultimate responsibility for the project’s profitability
- Happy team: internal teams know where they with projects and you are ultimately responsible for their awareness of what’s expected of them by when.
To apply, please email email@example.com